The Actives Parents Team – now recruiting
This is your chance to be heard on the physical activity challenges and other health and wellbeing issues which matter to you and your children.
The Actives Parents Team is our new initiative giving a voice to parents on the physical activity challenges and issues that face parents and children on a daily basis both in and out of school.
We are currently looking for a broad mix of parents, from different backgrounds and areas, and come with a range of views and experiences, to join our parent’s team.
What is The Actives Parents Team all about?
- An online or virtual team for parents to collectively make their voice heard on all aspects of physical activity which matter to them and their children.
- The Actives will share the findings of The Actives Parents surveys and other activities with relevant Government departments, politicians, advertising regulators and industry bodies, as well as the media
- Parents’ voices will contribute to our push for more children to be more physical activity every day in safe and fun environments.
Who can apply to be on The Actives Parents Team?
- Any parent or carer of a child aged 1-11, living in the UK.
How do I apply?
- One simple online application form is all you need to complete. It should take no more than 3 minutes.
- We’re looking for a broad mix of parents, from different backgrounds and areas, and with a range of views and experiences.
- Initially, we hope to select up to 500 people to join the team in 2018.
What can I expect as an Actives Parent Team member?
- If successfully selected for the team, you will receive regular surveys, as well as ad hoc opportunities to comment on topical news stories, adverts and policy announcements.
- Don’t worry – you don’t have to commit to filling in every survey, but we hope that you’ll feel as passionately as we do about making your voice heard.
- You will be encouraged to share examples of the best – and worst – activity providers in your local area as well as rating your school, local authority and government in their attempts to promote physical activity.
- There may also be the potential for participating in more in-depth interviews / focus groups in the future.
- There’s no payment involved, and members may be invited to special events hosted by The Actives.
- Some parents may also be selected to help shape our ‘Actives Family Management Programme’ in which you will have the opportunity to earn a part-time income
Please join us in our mission to get kids more active and apply here:
The Actives Team